Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- 9-12.I.A Compose a variety of texts that demonstrate clear focus, the logical development of ideas in well-organized paragraphs, and the use of appropriate language that advances the author’s purpose.
- 9-12.I.A.1 Determine effective approaches, forms, and rhetorical techniques that demonstrate understanding of the writer’s purpose and audience.
- 9-12.I.A.2 Generate ideas and gather information relevant to the topic and purpose, keeping careful records of outside sources.
- 9-12.I.A.3 Evaluate relevance, quality, sufficiency, and depth of preliminary ideas and information, organize material generated, and formulate a thesis.
- 9-12.I.A.4 Recognize the importance of revision as the key to effective writing. Each draft should refine key ideas and organize them more logically and fluidly, use language more precisely and effectively, and draw the reader to the author’s purpose.
- 9-12.I.A.5 Edit writing for proper voice, tense, and syntax, assuring that it conforms to standard English, when appropriate.