Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten Math Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
V.A Counting Skills
- V.A.1 Child knows that objects, or parts of an object, can be counted.
- V.A.2 Child uses words to rote count from 1 to 30.
- V.A.3 Child counts 1-10 items, with one count per item.
- V.A.4 Child demonstrates that the order of the counting sequence is always the same, regardless of what is counted.
- V.A.5 Child counts up to 10 items and demonstrates that the last count indicates how many items were counted.
- V.A.6 Child demonstrates understanding that when counting, the items can be chosen in any order.
- V.A.7 Child uses the verbal ordinal terms.
- V.A.8 Child verbally identifies, without counting, the number of objects from 1 to 5.
- V.A.9 Child recognizes one-digit numerals, 0-9.
V.B Adding To/Taking Away Skills
- V.B.1 Child uses concrete objects, creates pictorial models and shares a verbal word problem for adding up to 5 objects.
- V.B.2 Child uses concrete models or makes a verbal word problem for subtracting 0-5 objects from a set.
- V.B.3 Child uses informal strategies to separate up to 10 items into equal groups.
V.C Geometry and Spatial Sense Skills
- V.C.1 Child names common shapes.
- V.C.2 Child creates shapes.
- V.C.3 Child demonstrates use of location words (such as “over,” “under,” “above,” “on,” “beside,” “next to,” “between,” “in front of,” “near,” “far,” etc.).
- V.C.4 Child slides, flips, and turns shapes to demonstrate that the shapes remain the same.
V.D Measurement Skills
- V.D.1 Child recognizes and compares heights or lengths of people or objects.
- V.D.2 Child recognizes how much can be placed within an object.
- V.D.3 Child informally recognizes and compares weights of objects or people.
- V.D.4 Child uses language to describe concepts associated with the passing of time.
V.E Classification and Patterns Skills
- V.E.1 Child sorts objects that are the same and different into groups and uses language to describe how the groups are similar and different.
- V.E.2 Child collects data and organizes it in a graphic representation.
- V.E.3 Child recognizes and creates patterns.