Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade Math Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
NS Number and Number Sense
- NS.2.1 The student will
- NS.2.1.a read, write, and identify the place and value of each digit in a three-digit numeral, with and without models;
- NS.2.1.b identify the number that is 10 more, 10 less, 100 more, and 100 less than a given number up to 999;
- NS.2.1.c compare and order whole numbers between 0 and 999
- NS.2.1.d round two-digit numbers to the nearest ten.
- NS.2.2 The student will
- NS.2.2.a count forward by twos, fives, and tens to 120, starting at various multiples of 2, 5, or 10;
- NS.2.2.b count backward by tens from 120
- NS.2.2.c use objects to determine whether a number is even or odd.
- NS.2.3 The student will
- NS.2.3.a count and identify the ordinal positions first through twentieth, using an ordered set of objects; and
- NS.2.3.b write the ordinal numbers 1st through 20th.
- NS.2.4 The student will
- NS.2.4.a name and write fractions represented by a set, region, or length model for halves, fourths, eighths, thirds, and sixths;
- NS.2.4.b represent fractional parts with models and with symbols
- NS.2.4.c compare the unit fractions for halves, fourths, eighths, thirds, and sixths, with models.
CE Computation and Estimation
- CE.2.5 The student will
- CE.2.5.a recognize and use the relationships between addition and subtraction to solve single-step practical problems, with whole numbers to 20; and
- CE.2.5.b demonstrate fluency with addition and subtraction within 20.
- CE.2.6 The student will
- CE.2.6.a estimate sums and differences
- CE.2.6.b determine sums and differences, using various methods; and
- CE.2.6.c create and solve single-step and two-step practical problems involving addition and subtraction.
MG Measurement and Geometry
- MG.2.7 The student will
- MG.2.7.a count and compare a collection of pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters whose total value is $2.00 or less; and
- MG.2.7.b use the cent symbol, dollar symbol, and decimal point to write a value of money.
- MG.2.8 The student will estimate and measure
- MG.2.8.a length to the nearest inch
- MG.2.8.b weight to the nearest pound.
- MG.2.9 The student will tell time and write time to the nearest five minutes, using analog and digital clocks.
- MG.2.10 The student will
- MG.2.10.a determine past and future days of the week
- MG.2.10.b identify specific days and dates on a given calendar.
- MG.2.11 The student will read temperature to the nearest 10 degrees.
- MG.2.12 The student will
- MG.2.12.a draw a line of symmetry in a figure
- MG.2.12.b identify and create figures with at least one line of symmetry.
- MG.2.13 The student will identify, describe, compare, and contrast plane and solid figures (circles/spheres, squares/cubes, and rectangles/rectangular prisms).
PS Probability and Statistics
- PS.2.14 The student will use data from probability experiments to predict outcomes when the experiment is repeated.
- PS.2.15 The student will
- PS.2.15.a collect, organize, and represent data in pictographs and bar graphs; and
- PS.2.15.b read and interpret data represented in pictographs and bar graphs.
PFA Patterns, Functions, and Algebra
- PFA.2.16 The student will identify, describe, create, extend, and transfer patterns found in objects, pictures, and numbers.
- PFA.2.17 The student will demonstrate an understanding of equality through the use of the equal symbol and the use of the not equal symbol.