Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 5th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- RS.5.9 The student will find, evaluate, and select appropriate resources to create a research product.
- RS.5.9.a Construct questions about a topic.
- RS.5.9.b Collect and organize information from multiple resources.
- RS.5.9.c Evaluate the relevance, reliability, and credibility of information.
- RS.5.9.d Give credit to sources used in research.
- RS.5.9.e Avoid plagiarism and use own words.
- RS.5.9.f Demonstrate ethical use of the Internet.
- RS.5.9.EU.1 recognize, organize, and record information pertinent to the topic and blend ideas accurately
- RS.5.9.EU.2 understand how information is to be collected, analyzed, evaluated, organized, and presented
- RS.5.9.EU.3 understand the importance of avoiding plagiarism and giving credit to sources when gathering and reporting information and ideas
- RS.5.9.EU.4 understand that there are consequences of plagiarism, according to the guidelines established by local school divisions.
- RS.5.9.EKSP.1 formulate research questions based on a topic
- RS.5.9.EKSP.2 identify search terms to use when searching for information
- RS.5.9.EKSP.3 analyze and use information presented on charts, maps, and graphs
- RS.5.9.EKSP.4 skim to find information related to a topic
- RS.5.9.EKSP.5 select information that is related to the topic
- RS.5.9.EKSP.6 decide if information is relevant to the topic and reliable and credible for use
- RS.5.9.EKSP.7 evaluate and synthesize related information from two or more sources
- RS.5.9.EKSP.8 develop notes that include important concepts, summaries, and identification of information sources
- RS.5.9.EKSP.9 summarize or paraphrase information in notes and finished work
- RS.5.9.EKSP.10 prevent plagiarism and its consequences by giving credit to authors when ideas or specific words are used in research
- RS.5.9.EKSP.11 avoid plagiarism by giving credit whenever using another person’s media, facts, graphics, music, and quotations.