Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- RS.6.9 The student will find, evaluate, and select appropriate resources to create a research product.
- RS.6.9.a Formulate and revise questions about a research topic.
- RS.6.9.b Collect and organize information from multiple sources.
- RS.6.9.c Evaluate and analyze the validity and credibility of sources.
- RS.6.9.d Cite primary and secondary sources.
- RS.6.9.e Avoid plagiarism by using own words and follow ethical and legal guidelines for gathering and using information.
- RS.6.9.f Demonstrate ethical use of the Internet.
- RS.6.9.EU.1 understand that research questions may need to be broadened or narrowed based on available sources
- RS.6.9.EU.2 understand that a primary source is an original document or a firsthand or eyewitness account of an event
- RS.6.9.EU.3 understand that a secondary source discusses information originally presented somewhere else (i.e., secondary sources provide analysis, interpretation, or evaluation of the original information)
- RS.6.9.EU.4 understand the purposeful and responsible use of the Internet.
- RS.6.9.EU.5 understand that there are consequences of plagiarism according to the guidelines established by local school divisions.
- RS.6.9.EKSP.1 understand and use online, print, and media references
- RS.6.9.EKSP.2 evaluate the validity and credibility of texts, using questions, such as
- RS.6.9.EKSP.2.a Does the writer have something to gain from his opinion?
- RS.6.9.EKSP.2.b Does the information contain facts for support?
- RS.6.9.EKSP.2.c Is the same information found in more than one source?
- RS.6.9.EKSP.2.d Is contact information provided?
- RS.6.9.EKSP.2.e Is there a copyright symbol on the page?
- RS.6.9.EKSP.2.f What is the purpose of the page?
- RS.6.9.EKSP.2.g What is the date of the most recent publication?
- RS.6.9.EKSP.3 avoid plagiarism and its consequences by giving credit whenever using another person’s media, facts, statistics, graphics, images, music and sounds, quotations, or when paraphrasing another person’s words
- RS.6.9.EKSP.4 differentiate between a primary and secondary source
- RS.6.9.EKSP.5 provide a list of sources using a standard form for documenting primary and secondary sources.