Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 6th Grade Math Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
NS Number and Number Sense
- NS.6.1 The student will represent relationships between quantities using ratios, and will use appropriate notations, such as a/b, a to b, and a:b.
- NS.6.2 The student will
- NS.6.2.a represent and determine equivalencies among fractions, mixed numbers, decimals, and percents; and
- NS.6.2.b compare and order positive rational numbers.
- NS.6.3 The student will
- NS.6.3.a identify and represent integers;
- NS.6.3.b compare and order integers; and
- NS.6.3.c identify and describe absolute value of integers.
- NS.6.4 The student will recognize and represent patterns with whole number exponents and perfect squares.
CE Computation and Estimation
- CE.6.5 The student will
- CE.6.5.a multiply and divide fractions and mixed numbers;
- CE.6.5.b solve single-step and multistep practical problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions and mixed numbers; and
- CE.6.5.c solve multistep practical problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of decimals.
- CE.6.6 The student will
- CE.6.6.a add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers;
- CE.6.6.b solve practical problems involving operations with integers; and
- CE.6.6.c simplify numerical expressions involving integers.
MG Measurement and Geometry
- MG.6.7 The student will
- MG.6.7.a derive π (pi);
- MG.6.7.b solve problems, including practical problems, involving circumference and area of a circle; and
- MG.6.7.c solve problems, including practical problems, involving area and perimeter of triangles and rectangles.
- MG.6.8 The student will
- MG.6.8.a identify the components of the coordinate plane; and
- MG.6.8.b identify the coordinates of a point and graph ordered pairs in a coordinate plane.
- MG.6.9 The student will determine congruence of segments, angles, and polygons.
PS Probability and Statistics
- PS.6.10 The student, given a practical situation, will
- PS.6.10.a represent data in a circle graph;
- PS.6.10.b make observations and inferences about data represented in a circle graph; and
- PS.6.10.c compare circle graphs with the same data represented in bar graphs, pictographs, and line plots.
- PS.6.11 The student will
- PS.6.11.a represent the mean of a data set graphically as the balance point; and
- PS.6.11.b determine the effect on measures of center when a single value of a data set is added, removed, or changed.
PFA Patterns, Functions, and Algebra
- PFA.6.12 The student will
- PFA.6.12.a represent a proportional relationship between two quantities, including those arising from practical situations;
- PFA.6.12.b determine the unit rate of a proportional relationship and use it to find a missing value in a ratio table;
- PFA.6.12.c determine whether a proportional relationship exists between two quantities; and
- PFA.6.12.d make connections between and among representations of a proportional relationship between two quantities using verbal descriptions, ratio tables, and graphs.
- PFA.6.13 The student will solve one-step linear equations in one variable, including practical problems that require the solution of a one-step linear equation in one variable.
- PFA.6.14 The student will
- PFA.6.14.a represent a practical situation with a linear inequality in one variable; and
- PFA.6.14.b solve one-step linear inequalities in one variable, involving addition or subtraction, and graph the solution on a number line.