Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 7th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- RS.7.9 The student will find, evaluate, and select appropriate resources to create a research product.
- RS.7.9.a Formulate and revise questions about a research topic.
- RS.7.9.b Collect, organize, and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- RS.7.9.c Analyze and evaluate the validity and credibility of resources.
- RS.7.9.d Quote, summarize, and paraphrase information from primary and secondary sources using proper citations.
- RS.7.9.e Avoid plagiarism by using own words and follow ethical and legal guidelines for gathering and using information.
- RS.7.9.f Demonstrate ethical use of the Internet.
- RS.7.9.EU.1 understand that a primary source is an original document or a firsthand or eyewitness account of an event
- RS.7.9.EU.2 a secondary source discusses information originally presented somewhere else (i.e., secondary sources provide analysis, interpretation, or evaluation of the original information)
- RS.7.9.EU.3 understand to avoid plagiarism, credit must be given when using another person’s ideas, opinions, facts, statistics, or graphics
- RS.7.9.EU.4 understand the purposeful and responsible use of the Internet
- RS.7.9.EU.5 understand that there are consequences of plagiarism, according to the guidelines established by local school divisions
- RS.7.9.EU.6 understand using multiple sources of information produces a more complete understanding of a topic.
- RS.7.9.EKSP.1 use available resource tools
- RS.7.9.EKSP.2 organize and synthesize information found in a variety of sources
- RS.7.9.EKSP.3 differentiate between a primary and a secondary source
- RS.7.9.EKSP.4 gather relevant information from multiple sources; assess the credibility and validity of each source
- RS.7.9.EKSP.5 prevent plagiarism and its consequences by giving credit to authors when ideas and/or words are used in direct quotation or paraphrases
- RS.7.9.EKSP.6 avoid plagiarism and its consequences by giving credit whenever using another person’s media, facts, statistics, graphics, images, music and sounds, quotations, or paraphrases of another person’s words
- RS.7.9.EKSP.7 evaluate the validity and credibility of texts using questions such as
- RS.7.9.EKSP.7.a Does the writer have something to gain from his opinion?
- RS.7.9.EKSP.7.b Does the information contain facts for support?
- RS.7.9.EKSP.7.c Is the same information found in more than one source?
- RS.7.9.EKSP.7.d Is contact information provided?
- RS.7.9.EKSP.7.e Is there a copyright symbol on the page?
- RS.7.9.EKSP.7.f What is the purpose of the page?
- RS.7.9.EKSP.7.g What is the date of the most recent publication?
- RS.7.9.EKSP.8 summarize and cite specific evidence from texts to support conclusions.