Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 9th Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- W.9.6 The student will write in a variety of forms to include expository, persuasive, reflective, and analytic with an emphasis on persuasion and analysis.
- W.9.6.a Engage in writing as a recursive process.
- W.9.6.b Plan, organize, and write for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- W.9.6.c Objectively introduce and develop topics, incorporating evidence and maintaining an organized structure and a formal style.
- W.9.6.d Blend multiple forms of writing including embedding a narrative to produce effective essays.
- W.9.6.e Communicate clearly the purpose of the writing using a thesis statement.
- W.9.6.f Compose a thesis for persuasive writing that advocates a position.
- W.9.6.g Clearly state and defend a position using reasons and evidence from credible sources as support.
- W.9.6.h Identify counterclaims and provide counter – arguments.
- W.9.6.i Determine the best kind of evidence to use for a claim, and effectively use fact and opinion to support a position.
- W.9.6.j Use textual evidence to compare and contrast multiple texts.
- W.9.6.k Arrange paragraphs in a logical progression, using transitions between paragraphs and ideas.
- W.9.6.l Revise writing for clarity of content, accuracy, and depth of information.
- W.9.7 The student will self- and peer-edit writing for capitalization, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, paragraphing, and Standard English.
- W.9.7.a Use parallel structure across sentences and paragraphs.
- W.9.7.b Use appositives, main clauses, and subordinate clauses.
- W.9.7.c Use commas and semicolons to distinguish and divide main and subordinate clauses.
- W.9.7.d Distinguish between active and passive voice.
- W.9.7.e Use a variety of sentence structures to infuse sentence variety in writing.