Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
CLLD3. Foundations of Writing
- CLLD3.1. Drawing, scribbling, and writing to communicate
- CLLD3.1q Begins to use initial letter sounds to represent a whole word (e.g., /f/ for fish)
- CLLD3.1r Begins to represent the initial and final sounds to represent a word (e.g., ‘dg’ for dog)
- CLLD3.1s Retells or reads their writing to others
- CLLD3.1t Represents all letters in their own name, with sequencing, positioning, and reversals still evidenced
- CLLD3.1u Begins to produce a correct representation of their name using capital letters, lowercase letters, or a combination of both moving from left to right
- CLLD3.1v Begins to copy names of familiar people and objects
- CLLD3.2. Developing writing habits and skills
- CLLD3.2f Continues to revise writing in the moment based on interactions with peers and adults
- CLLD3.2g Begins to revise by adding details to drawings/writings to express their ideas
- CLLD3.2h Begins to make a plan for the writing they will produce (e.g., creates picture to tell story and then writes)
- CLLD3.3. Handling writing tools
- CLLD3.3g Begins to use a comfortable and efficient three-finger grip to control a variety of writing tools
- CLLD3.3h Uses a variety of digital tools to write or draw