Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
4 The child will demonstrate basic knowledge of the alphabetic principle and understand that the letters in written words represent the sounds in spoken words.
- a Identify and name uppercase and lowercase letters in random order.
- b Identify the letter that represents a spoken sound.
- c Provide the most common sound for the majority of letters.
- d Begin to match uppercase and lowercase letters.
- e Read simple/familiar high-frequency words, including child’s name.
- f Notice letters in familiar everyday context and ask an adult how to spell words, names, or titles.