Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
5 Communicating (literacy)
- Speaking and listening (language development)
- Know and use several hundred words in home language. Use new words on own.
- Use words to describe actions (such as “running fast”) and emotions (such as happy, sad, tired and scared).
- Talk in sentences of five or six words.
- Know when it is appropriate to ask questions and whom to ask. Ask questions to get information or clarification.
- Remember and follow directions involving two or three steps, including steps that are not related (such as “Please pick up your toys and put on your shoes”).
- Remember all parts and respond correctly to a request (such as “Bring me the green towel”).
- Tell some details of a recent event in sequence.
- Tell a short make-believe story, with adult help.
- Listen to others and respond in a group discussion for a short period. Remember what was said and gain information through listening.
- State own point of view, and likes and dislikes using words, gestures and/or pictures.
- Join in and make up songs, chants, rhymes and games that play with the sounds of language (such as clapping out the rhythm).
- Sing a song or say a poem from memory.