Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free 2nd Grade ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
- Text Types and Purposes
- ELA.2.20 Write opinion pieces by introducing the topic or text being discussed, stating an opinion, supplying reasons that support the opinion, using linking words (e.g., because, and, or also) to connect opinion and reasons, and providing a concluding statement or section.
- ELA.2.21 Write informative/explanatory texts by introducing a topic, using facts and definitions to develop points, and providing a concluding statement or section.
- ELA.2.22 Write narratives to recount a well-elaborated event or short sequence of events, including details to describe actions, thoughts, and feelings, and using transitional words to signal event order and provide a sense of closure.
- Production and Distribution of Writing
- ELA.2.24 With guidance and support from adults and collaborative discussions, focus on a topic and strengthen writing as needed by revising and editing.
- ELA.2.25 With guidance and support from adults, use a variety of digital tools to produce and publish writing, including collaboration with peers.
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- ELA.2.26 Participate in shared research and writing (e.g., read a number of books on a single topic to produce a report; record science observations).
- ELA.2.27 Recall information from experiences or gather information from provided sources to answer a question.