Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten ELA Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
ELA.PK.FR Foundational Reading
- ELA.PK.FR.BA Book Appreciation and Knowledge
- WV.ELS.LA.PK.ELA.PK.FR.BA.1 Show interest in shared reading and looking at books independently.
- WV.ELS.LA.PK.ELA.PK.FR.BA.2 Recognizes how books are read, such as front-to-back and one page at a time.
- ELA.PK.FR.BA.3 Demonstrate knowledge of different kinds of literature such as literary and informational text and poetry.
- WV.ELS.LA.PK.ELA.PK.FR.BA.4 Recognize basic characteristics such as title, author and illustrator, characters, and setting.
- WV.ELS.LA.PK.ELA.PK.FR.BA.5 Retell stories or information from books through conversation, artistic works, creative movement, or drama.
- ELA.PK.FR.PC Print Concept
- WV.ELS.LA.PK.ELA.PK.FR.PC.1 Understand concepts of print such as print moves from left to right and top to bottom, and print conveys a message.
- ELA.PK.FR.PC.2 Recognize environmental print such as signs, newspapers, lists, messages, and menus.
- WV.ELS.LA.PK.ELA.PK.FR.PC.3 Recognize that letters of the alphabet are a special category of visual graphics that can be individually named.
- ELA.PK.FR.PC.4 Recognize that letters are grouped to form words and words are a unit of print.
- WV.ELS.LA.PK.ELA.PK.FR.PC.5 Recognize words such as name, names of family and friends, and familiar environmental print.
- ELA.PK.FR.PA Phonological Awareness
- WV.ELS.LA.PK.ELA.PK.FR.PA.1 Identify sounds in the environment.
- WV.ELS.LA.PK.ELA.PK.FR.PA.2 Identify and discriminate between words in language.
- WV.ELS.LA.PK.ELA.PK.FR.PA.3 Identify and discriminate between syllables in words.
- ELA.PK.FR.PA.4 Recognize matching sounds.
- ELA.PK.FR.PA.5 Identify and discriminate between sounds and phonemes in language, such as attention to beginning and ending sounds of a words and recognition that different words begin or end with the same sound.