Looking for free content that’s aligned to your standards? You’ve come to the right place!
Get Free Pre-Kindergarten Math Content
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with thousands of free videos, articles, and practice questions for just about every standard.
No ads, no subscriptions – just 100% free, forever.
PK.NCQ The understanding that numbers represent quantities and have ordinal properties (number words represent a rank order, particular size, or position in a list).
- PK.NCQ.1 Recognizes numbers and quantities in the everyday environment.
- PK.NCQ.2 Recites numbers in the correct order and understands that numbers come “before” or “after” one another.
- PK.NCQ.3 Associates quantities and the names of numbers with written numerals.
- PK.NCQ.4 Uses one-to-one counting and subitizing (identifying the number of objects without counting) to determine quantity.
- PK.NCQ.5 Uses the number name of the last object counted to represent the number of objects in the set.
PK.NRO The use of numbers to describe relationships and solve problems.
- PK.NRO.1 Uses a range of strategies, such as counting, subitizing (“seeing” how many objects without counting), or matching, to compare quantity in two sets of objects and describes the comparison with terms, such as “more,” “less,” “greater than,” “fewer,” or “equal to.”
- PK.NRO.2 Recognizes that numbers (or sets of objects) can be combined or separated to make another number through the grouping of objects.
- PK.NRO.3 Identifies the number of items in a set that is created when items are combined or separated.
PK.GSS The understanding of shapes, their properties, and how objects are related to one another. The recognition of patterns, sequencing, and critical thinking skills necessary to predict and classify objects in a pattern.
- PK.GSS.1 Recognizes and names common shapes–their parts and attributes.
- PK.GSS.2 Combines and separates shapes to make other shapes.
- PK.GSS.3 Compares objects in size and shape.
- PK.GSS.4 Can follow directions or name positions of objects, such as “up,” “down,” “in front,” “behind,” “between,” “next to,” and “under.”
- PK.GSS.5 Sorts, classifies, and serializes (puts in a pattern) objects, such as by color, shape, and size.
- PK.GSS.6 Recognizes, duplicates, and extends simple patterns.
- PK.GSS.7 Creates patterns through the repetition of a unit.
PK.MC The understanding of attributes and relative properties of objects as related to size, capacity, and area.
- PK.MC.1 Compares and describes objects using attributes of length, weight, and size (bigger, longer, taller, heavier).
- PK.MC.2 Orders objects by size or length.
- PK.MC.3 Uses nonstandard and standard techniques and tools to measure and compare.
- PK.MC.4 Sorts objects by count (more or less).