One of the most phenomenal parts of Khan Academy is our dedicated and generous community. Often we are asked by our learners: More than using the site or donating directly, what ELSE can I do to support Khan Academy?
Below we answer this question with a few of our ideas. If you have additional ideas, we’d love to hear about how you work with your community!
GET THE WORD OUT
- Introduce others to Khan Academy (e.g., via our site, Sals’ TED talk or 60 Minutes)
- Print and put up Khan Academy posters in your community (e.g., at the local library, workplace, community center, coffee shop, etc)
- Sign up 10 people in your neighborhood to coach or be coached on KA
- Share your KA story: Videotape your story or those of your friends, classmates, teachers and family, and post to www.khanacademy.org/stories, and if you’d like, your social media of choice – blog, Twitter, Facebook…
PROVIDE THE TOOLS
- Translate a video
- Give technology: Donate a used computer or tablet to your local community organization (Boys & Girls Club, library, etc.)
GIVE YOUR TIME
- Set up a Khan Academy tutoring environment via the local YMCA or Boys & Girls Club, or school/community program
- Hold a translate-a-thon: Bring together folks to subtitle videos together!
We are currently reaching millions each month, but there’s no reason why the gift of a free education can’t reach tens of millions or hundreds of millions more. Everyone deserves a free world-class education and we need your help to make it a reality!